Privacy Notice, CPM Scheme and Redress Scheme.
Mahoney Gray Privacy Notice This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
We are A6 Lettings Ltd trading as Mahoney Gray Estates and Letting Agents, Mahoney Gray takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
Mahoney Gray are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA353002 and Mahoney Gray are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Our Data Protection Officer is Paul Mahoney. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Mahoney Gray Letting Agents 79 Water Street, Chorley, PR7 1EX.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
● From your enquiry form on our web site mahonegray.co.uk or Rightmove.co.uk; ● From phone calls to our office; ● From your / spouse / partner / family member application for accommodation; ● From your employers; ● From trusted sources which include credit referencing agency, Government Land / Police registers Financial Institutes (Banks and Building Societies, Loan Agencies, Credit Card companies), Insurance Companies, Other Law firms, through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they have collected. ● From your Landlords agency agreement.
We collect the following information about you:
● Tenant(s) first name, middle name(s), surname, previous name(s)(if applicable); e-mail address, telephone number(s), Date of Birth, marital status, National Insurance Number, Driving licence number, passport number, nationality, next of kin, address and phone number(s) of next of kin,(residential status, current landlord details, previous landlord details, dependant(s) name(s) Date of Birth(s) and gender;
● Guarantor name first name, middle name(s), surname, previous name(s)(if applicable), e-mail address, telephone number(s), Date of Birth, permanent address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, employment status and employment history;
● Current property rental details; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities; ● The employment status and employment history of tenant(s) and/or guarantor(s), address, contact details including email, phone and fax numbers of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment, payslips and or audited self employed accounts for salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received; credit history, criminal offences;
● Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have with regular monthly payments over £100;
● Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for, or are currently on.
● We will ask for copies of your photo I.D. Passport or Nation identity card, Driving licence, 3 months’ payslips or 3 years audited accounts, 3 months bank statements, utility bill dated within the last 3 months, proof of address. For full details of the eligible right to rent documents please see the link below.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
● to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you; ● to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested; ● to help you to manage your tenancy; ● to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency; proof of address (credit check) landlord and employment references. ● to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer; ● to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our or supplies which may affect you; and ● for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by me as confidential and will be processed only by any of third party, acting on my behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following: ● If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners; ● To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided; ● If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency; ● If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and ● In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. The security of your personal information is very important and Mahoney Gray Letting Agents are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How long we will keep your information.
We review the data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law, we may be legally required to hold some types of information such as to comply with the governments right to rent, or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. Our full retention schedule is available at our office at 79 Water Street, Chorley, PR7 1EX
You have the right at any time to: ● ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records; ● require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information; ● make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; ● object to receiving any marketing communications from us. If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
England: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: email@example.com
Updating this privacy statement
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes. The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details
CPM - Client Money Protection scheme - In anticipation of future changes in legislation, Mahoney Gray Lettings are currently seeking to join an appropriate scheme. Mahoney Gray Lettings currently have a segregated client account, however are not members of such a scheme at this time.
Redress Scheme - We are members of The Property Redress Scheme. The Property Redress Scheme is a new, straightforward and easy to use consumer redress (ombudsman) scheme for Property Agents and Professionals.